Lead Maintenance Mechanic
Job Summary: To ensure minimum down time for the production plant and equipment, including Milling and Turning machinery, forklifts, small tools, trailers. To be part of the Facilities Maintenance Crew for general facility maintenance, renovations, improvements.
1. Takes lead in developing and implementation of the Preventative Maintenance Program for the total plant and equipment park: follows Manufacturer Recommended Maintenance Schedule, develops and maintains a Spare Parts List and inventory.
2. Inspects defective equipment and diagnoses malfunctions, using motor analysers, pressure gauges, chassis charts, and factory manuals. Conducts basic repairs and regular maintenance, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturer’s specifications, milling & turning machinery and mechanical equipment, such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems.
3. Repairs or replaces defective parts, using hand tools and power tools.
4. Liaise with OEMs, service engineers and other suppliers as required.
5. May set up and operate lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
6. May initiate Material Requisitions for purchase of parts and machines, major servicing.
7. Able to repair small tools: grinders, torches, welding equipment.
8. Maintains fire protection register and arranges necessary inspections of the fire alarm systems.
Qualifications and Work Experience
• At least 5 years of industrial maintenance experience required, preferably in the Construction or Oil & Gas industry.
• Diploma in Mechanical Technology or Facility Technology (Mechanical & Electrical Services)
• Knowledge and experience with industrial steel fabrication machinery, electrics, forklift repair, welding and fabrication, pneumatics, hydraulics, basic electronics is a must.
• Experience in CNC machines maintenance is a must (big CNC Machines like Mori Seki, Toshiba R16, R22, R24 etc)
• Able to read blue prints, schematics, wiring diagrams, and trouble shoot flowcharts.
• Able to work independently in a face paced environment Continue reading