ABOUT THE JOB
• This will be a long term assignment (about 3 years) at various Qatar Gas onshore at Ras Laffan and at times at offshore projects locations;
• Requirement starting in the middle of January 2014.
• Candidates preferably should have previous Qatar Gas Project experience and the same must be highlighted in the CV;
• Candidates must have Qatar Driving licence, if not at least a valid GCC driving licence;
• All candidates shall have fluent verbal and written English language skills.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
• He shall be competent and capable of successfully carrying out the tasks and duties outlined below;
• He shall undertake evaluation, calculation to provide competent technical design reviews, audits and advise fur any matter pertaining to Civil inspection activities;
• The Inspector shall demonstrate a minimum of 10 years detailed experience within Civil Inspection or related jobs in the offshore and onshore Oil and Gas Industries, of which at least 5 years of experience in Gulf countries;
• It is expected that this person shall be a good communicator, with excellent written and verbal English language skills.
• Degree in Civil Engineering (at least 4 years of formal education in a professional college, leading to the Engineering degree);
• 10 years of experience in Engineering Inspection and Testing of Civil Structures, Civil Jobs, Fireproofing, Acid Resistant Tiling Jobs for Oil & Gas projects or operating company;
• Good knowledge in International Cades, Standards and Specifications on Building Materials, Fireproofing and Acid Resistant Tiling jobs inspection is required.
TASKS & DUTIES
• Carry out inspection of civil works during projects according to Company procedures and relevant standards;
• The detailed task and duties for Senior Civil inspector is given in below;
• Alignment setting out with level survey checks;
• Soil sampling and testing checks in formation, general fill, sub base and road
• Concrete mix design checks, including aggregate and cement sampling and testing;
• Asphalt mix design checks, including aggregate and bitumen sampling and testing, also transportation and laying specification requirements;
• Surface regularity measurements ensuring compliance with specified tolerances all layers of construction;
• Reviewing of ITPs and monitor daily field construction operations to ensure compliance with approved Project/s Design Drawings and approved Project/s Quality Plans;
• Concrete mix design and pre pouring inspections also delivery to the work site and placement checks;
• Concrete protection and curing checks;
• Soil sampling and testing checks, including all back filling/ filling activities;
• Monitor daily field construction/ building operation to ensure compliance with approved Project/ Design Drawings and approved Project/ Quality Plans;
• Responsible for inspecting and monitoring contractor civil procedures, performance activities and ensuring compliance with all contract document at ion and drawings;
• Responsible for advising COMPANY QA/QC Lead, Construction site manager or Construction Supervisor of any safety concerns and generally be vigilant an all matters of safety, reinforcing safety policies and commitment to safety to the contractor at all times.
SALARY & GENERAL TERMS
• This is a site based assignments and the Company will provide the following:
• Monthly basic salary of 10000 QR and housing allowance of 4900 QR per month;
• Company provided car (shared between 2 -3 inspectors) with fuel expenses at actual;
• 30 days paid leave with 2 tickets per year;
• Mobilization/ demobilization/ vacation air tickets to the nearest international airport;
• Insurance coverage and medical expenses;
• PPE items as per the project requirement;
• Phone allowance of Dhs. 100/ month.
• The monthly salary indicated is for 8 hours a day & 6 days a week working schedule;
• When working at offshore location (where the working is for 12 hours each day/ 7 days per week), additional overtime will be applicable;
• Additional overtime will be paid for additional hours worked beyond 8 hours/ day only when authorized by the Client.